2015! In honour of the New Year, I am writing a list of 15 places I would love to visit. Unless there is a massive change in my financial circumstances I will not be visiting all these places in 2015, but 2015 will be the year I put dates on when I am aiming to get there.
- New Zealand (January 2016! Road trip around the South Island with Lela, and I can't wait).
- Bali (July 2015 - I have already been there once, but I am very much looking forward to taking my girls. I would also love to spend a New Years there. I have heard it is amazing and a big cultural celebration. Plus I figured since is my 2015 list it would be nice to have one place that I will actually go to in 2015).
- Cruise of the Pacific Islands.
- UK and Europe. All of it.
- Antarctica (2030 - to celebrate being 50).
- New Years Eve in New York City.
- Driving tour of Ireland.
- India, and in particular the Girl Guide World Centre at Sangam (the other World Centres are also on my list - see how I am sneaking in some extra places? Sangam is just first on the list).
- Inca trail.
- Uluru (I went when I was 8, but I want to take the girls to see it, plus I have a sister and two nephews who live in Alice Springs).
- Tasmania (It is the only state in Australia I have yet to visit).
- Cruise up the west coast of Africa, including Mauritius, and to re-visit Reunion Island (I went there on student exchange in 1996).
- Rio! The date is set. NYE 2020 (or is that NYE 2019? I can never work out how to say it). Celebrating seeing in 2020 and the decade that will be my fabulous 40's.
- White Christmas. At the moment I am thinking a Christmas in Scotland, followed by a NY in Paris.
- China - in particular a study opportunity I have been looking at. A bit of family and work juggling will have to happen for me to do this one.
My turn!!! (Lela). Oh! Where do I start! I want to do so much! This time last year I was getting ready to go to Bali for the first time and it was the beginning of a strong yearn to travel and get out and see the world. So my wish list:
- Take my kids to Bali. We have been busy saving and slowly getting there. As yet we don't have a date set in stone, we are tossing around June.
- Helping my son on his first interstate trip. This is a school trip to Canberra and his first trip away. Not specifically my goal, but I'm hoping this tour will ignite a desire to travel in him.
- Fabric shopping in Germany. Or Japan. They each make great fabric and as a sewer, I 'm keen on a shopping trip.
- NZ road trip. The planning and saving for this is already underway and excitement is beginning to grow.
- Blogging conference in ? In 2015. I really want to get to the problogger conference, meet other bloggers and see the host city as a travel blogger.
- Camping. I live in a beautiful part of the world, I want to see and experience more of it!
- Southern USA. No particular reason, love the accent, love the history.
- Tasmania. Perhaps 2017. I've heard the most glorious things about Tassie scenery and food.
- Cruise ship. Anywhere! Just so I can say I've been on one
Cath again: Totally loving the idea of cruises. Did you notice how Lela and I conveniently have some things that that overlap? I may just need to go on a mini-cruise to see if I actually like being on a cruise and to test out for sea-sickness before I book a big one. Damn it! Another trip. What a tragedy (this last bit may be read in heavily sarcastic tones).
Now just to turn the dreams in to reality with some dates and goals! What are you planning?
Cath and Lela
aka Kris' Angels
PS Stay tuned for a post soon where you will get to meet Kris!